Friday, March 2, 2007

More on the 31st Hong Kong International Film Festival

Sorry but it's going to be a briefer than normal entry today as I've already spent way too much time on the internet for my -- and in particular, my frozen shoulder's -- own good recently. And yeah, blame this on the Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) folks and their 2007 program which, in all honesty, looks better and better the more thoroughly one looks at and through it.

Also, for those who are thinking of attending, I don't want to freak you out (any further) but oh my re the amount of 31st HKIFF screenings for which on-line bookings no longer are being accepted! Even more incredibly, it's been reported that: 25,000 pre-sale online tickets were sold in the first five days that they were made available; on-line tickets for Park Chan-wook's I'm a Cyborg but That's OK sold out within half an hour; and one of the HKIFF's three scheduled screenings of Baba Yasuo's Bubble Fiction: Boom or Bust already has completely sold out!!!

And yes, I'm giving in to temptation and hoping to attend this year's Hong Kong International Film Festival -- just like I've did for the past two years. However, this all is contingent on my being able to get tickets for most, if not all, of the sixteen film screenings that I have my eye on packing into just seven days of 2007 HKIFF-ing...! ;S

No comments: