Tuesday, May 31, 2011

From misty Ngong Ping to sunny Cheung Sha Beach (Photo-essay)


Hi once more -- and much thanks who registered their concern, etc. elsewhere on this blog. The news from my computer doctor is that my computer has been subjected to a virus attack -- albeit a low level virus. So touch wood that things are relatively okay now -- and in any case, I feel able to get blog again and continue where I left off with last Tuesday's photo-essay account of a Ngong Ping Plateau hike:-

So thick was the fog that came over the Ngong Ping Plateau
that the view from the view compass was of nothing more
than fog and one often had to trust more than one's eyes
that there was indeed a trail to go on ahead!


At the same time, there was ample physical evidence
still of the landslides that had caused
the Nei Lak Shan Country Trail to be closed for a time

Further along the trail, a rustling in the nearby foliage
gave away the nearby presence of this reptilian creature

Wild flowers in bloom add color to
the general natural greenery

Near hike's end, my regular hiking companion and I
found ourselves walking directly under the path
of the Ngong Ping 360 cable cars above!

Back to "civilization" at mist-enveloped Ngong Ping village

A bus trip away -- sunny Cheung Sha Beach the same day!

Same day, same island (Lantau) --
what can seem a world away (but actually is not! :b)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the problem is not serious, which I assumes means that all your photos and files are safe.

Make sure you back up everything on disc, if you don't already do so.

All of which is say that you wouldn't be the only one saddened by the loss of your hiking photos. :)

ewaffle said...

You (your computer) made it back--thank goodness!

The last picture of the rocky shore of Lantau Island looks like a place for hard core surf swimmers or body boarders; plenty of rocks to run into.

I sent an email to you with an attachment showing that it shows a sea serpent disguised as a partially submerged rock lying in wait for an unwary swimmer. :-)

YTSL said...

Hi duriandave --

Well, my computer doctor assures me that things should still be operational -- touch wood re it being so!

Hi ewaffle --

I got your e-mail. Heheh re the "sea serpent" that caught your eye in the photo! :D

Horsoon said...

I've ridden the Ngong Ping 360 cable car and have always wonder what goes on under the cable cars... Now that I know there's a whole new world and wish I'd be trying out that hike the next time I'm in HK :)

YTSL said...

Hi Horsoon --

Hope you'll check out my few photo-essays -- they'll be of a Nei Lak Shan Country Trail hike, part of which has great views of the cable cars and their path! :)